Belkin are $h!t

• 16 years ago

well just before christmas i bought a brand new Belink ADSL modem with built in 802.11g wireless router with 4 LAN ports and wireless capabilities, and two belkin 802.11g PCI cards and expected all my wireless networking problems to be solved after about half an hour's easy setup.

naïve twerp

it's sooooo crap!! 802.11g is meant to be better than 11b.....but the range is bollox.......i'm 11 paces away from the router now, and my signal is ranging from "Very Low" to "Low" occasioanly getting high as "Very Good" but only once yesterday (maybe santa was flying past at the time)

and i keep having to restart it.....which i shouldnt have to do.........and i had to rearrange my room to get my computer next to the door to get any signal at all!! and it's about 1m away from my parents' computer and usually gets excellent signal strength and 54.0Mbps speed......but often wont connect to the network even though it tells me it can see it's there!!!

so there's my rant......im gonna organise sending it back and get a different make and model

(do u think i should send back the PCI cards too? they seem to work fine, cos ive had problems with it on both comps, and both have worked fine if router is within 2m of them.....)

• 16 years ago
    hehe, only thing I have to say about belkin is I like their nice shiny boxes,
    and the fact the cables they make feel really nice & silky smooth =)

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Java is to JavaScript what Car is to Carpet.” - Chris Heilmann