MySQL Database Problems

• 19 years ago

Many of you will have noticed that VB Web was down for almost 2 weeks due to a MySQL database problem. Unfortunately, I had decided to go on holiday for those 2 weeks, which is why the problem was not resolved as quickly as it should have been.

VB Web is now back online, and fully functional (as far as I know...) Let me know if there are any other problems

• 19 years ago

Is now the version of ASP.NET of DeveloperFusion running on MySQL db also?

• 19 years ago

Nope.... a Microsoft SQL Server 2000

• 19 years ago

Which is better? PHP with MySQL or ASP.NET with SQL2K?

• 19 years ago

hehe.... I'd say ASP.net and SQL2K at the moment.... but it may just be because my unix host was useless, and my windows host is excellent

At least I can use stored procedures on SQK2K....... and ASP.net is precompiled, which makes it nice and fast too

• 19 years ago

Are using hosting at MaximumASP?

• 19 years ago

Yep Free hosting in return for their sponsor position, plus some $$

But they are getting at least 1 million impressions a month in return.....!

• 19 years ago

Oic! Thats meant giving a little price, but contra with advertisement for their banners to get a FREE hosting? Would you mind tell me how much u have to pay for the contra?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC. As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration.” - E. W. Dijkstra