Error Number: 3343

databases United States
  • 19 years ago

What do I have to do to connect to an Access 2000 database.  No trouble connecting to older Access database versions using db

• 19 years ago

Make sure that you have an updated Service Pack, I think 5 is the latest.

• 19 years ago

Pranav,

Nope, that wasn't it.  I installed sp5 and am receiveing the same error.  I can connect to older versions of Access and create my own databases via the visual data manager.  Is there some additional components that I need to add once I install the service pack.

• 19 years ago

I used an ADO connection and went with code.  This worked fine with the sp5 installation.

• 19 years ago

Are you using DAO or ADO?

if you're using DAO you need version 3.6
    if you're using ADO you need ... I think it's 2.1 or higher.  Look for MDAC 2.5 on microsoft's site.  there are newer version out there right now, but they are only needed if you are using SQL server 2000 or developing with .NET.

• 19 years ago

Strange,  I attempted to use the visual data manager to connect to the database, and I generate the error.  If I use either DAO or ADO and code the modules and forms themselves, I have no trouble.  

I guess it was just my fault for attempting to use automation.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.”