List Box Data

databases Canada
  • 19 years ago

Hello All,
    I am just begging to use VB6 and am having trouble with something
    I have a multi line database field which comes out fine in a text box but I need to use one number on the list.
    i have tried list boxes and it always comes out with the line separators in the text as apposed to each line being it's own list item

thank in advance

• 19 years ago

Hi!

If you want to show multiline text, never use a listbox, since that control is only for displaying multiple records or options, not for texts.

In case you'd like to use a part of the data in your textbox in another field, try string handling functions like Left(string,n) or Right(string,n) or another...

In case you have the number you'd like to use in a seperate field and would like to add it to the textbox's text, use the & operator.

Hope this helped, if not please describe what you would like to do a little more specific...

Later,

Thamar

• 19 years ago

is there any way to select one line in a multiline text box

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“You can stand on the shoulders of giants OR a big enough pile of dwarfs, works either way.”