Save Record / Run Query / Update

access United States
  • 15 years ago
    Hi all,

I've got this form working ok but need to add some extra functionality but haven't a clue how to do it!
    (Sample Database: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10175)

The uploaded database has two main forms. The first is used to enter customer data, the second runs from a query and shows all those records that have been completed in the first form (frmCustInfo - AgentLog = Yes) but not completed in the second form (frmControlsSource - AnalystLog = No)

Then more data is input into one of the subforms (frmControlChecks). Now in order for me to see the results of the queries connected to two other subforms I have to move off the record and back to it (for the record to be saved and then the queries run)

After moving back to the record, the query results on the right (Information Only) are manually added to the last subform 'Input Two', then the user would move on to the next record and do the same.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What I need it to do then is this: When the user tabs off the last field in the subform (frmControlChecks), the queries to the right (two subforms) would run, showing the results and also populating the last subform (frmAnalystInput)

The user would then click AnalystLog and move to the next record.

I hope this is possible without redoing the forms/queries because it's taken ages to get this far

I've also added info in this sample database and some working data if you want to take a look...thanks for any help

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint Exupéry