mySQL++ - Winsock errors

mysql , sql United States
  • 15 years ago
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the forums and all things C related, but hopefully someone can help me out as im at a lost end.

I've been picking up some C++ the past few weeks and have already encountered many a problem, but non that i couldn't sort out with a little bit of brain power and elbow grease. Now i find that when i compile a small snippet of glorious code, im recieve the error...

"fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock.h': No such file or directory"

I also recieve the same error in a similar program but instead the error informs me that "windows.h" is missing too.

Now, ive searched my hard drive high and low, ive googled it, investigated my fiance's computer and have finally ground to a hault after many failed attempts for the elusive files.

Call me crazy, but shouldnt these files be included with MSVC?

the code i currently have is:

Code:

#include "stdafx.h"
    #include <stdio.h>
    #include <mysql++.h>

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
    {
       return 0;
    }

after following #includes through several files, i find that "pointer.h" is trying to open "winsock.h" which i obviously dont have.

I've downloaded the latest version of mySQL++ (as far as i can tell anyway) but still arent getting anywhere.

Surely it cant be this complicated to connect to a Database! - i've been doing it in PHP for years!

Im running windows 2000, MSVC and the Directx 9 SDK. - Please can anyone help? Do i need a new version of mySQL++, perhaps a patch for MSVC, or maybe a sledgehammer with grenade attatchements!

A link or a friendly email would be very much appreciated, thanks for reading all  

Zachy!

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“God could create the world in six days because he didn't have to make it compatible with the previous version.”