ADO error with Ora8i on NT4.0

databases United States
  • 19 years ago

I have installed a VB 6 application on NT 4.0 (SP6)  with Oracle 8i on it. This application uses the Oracle's database stored procedure to do the DB updates & selects. When executed it gives an error which says
    "ADO could not find the object in the collection corresponding to the name or ordinal reference requested by the application."

now this works fine when the VB6 application is loaded on a Win98 client & it access the Oracle 8i DB stored procedures on NT 4.0 but when the Application is installedon the NT server it gives this error.

can anyone suggest what should I do to solve this problem?

Expecting a reply ASAP.

Melvin Francis

• 19 years ago

That error occurs when you have not specified a correct fieldname in the recordset. For example

sName = objRS("thename")

will return the error if you have not included 'thename' in the sql query.

• 19 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Oracle is also case sensitive when it comes to table and field names.  That may be the issue in your SP's

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++: an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.” - Steve Taylor