Losing the tab key in VS.NET

• 15 years ago
    Hello

An example:
    Type "MessageBox." then "Show" is the default method in the intellisense so to add it press tab.

Has anyone heard of any reason that the tab key wouldn't work in VS.NET. Someone has emailed me asking this question. Their VS.NET version is 7.1.3088 and they only have VC# and VJ# installed. I think their version is also Spanish.
  • 15 years ago
    is this vs 2003 or the 2005 version?

in vs 2005 theres an option in tools>options>texteditor>c#>intellisense

which tick box is commited by pressing the space bar, work playing with that, the above is also the same in vs 2003. but apart from that i cant recreate the problem sorry
  • 15 years ago

I said it was version 7.1.3088 which is 2003; 2005 is 8.0.

I am also unable to recreate the problem. I got the guy to use the reset intellisense in the options and he said it worked but now it is back to not working.

I guess there mustn't be ant known issues because i have already done a search

• 15 years ago

agh sorry didnt look at the version numbers , has he got a fancy keyboard and have keypress things set up on it?

• 15 years ago

He didn't say he had a fancy keyboard however it might be a Spanish one; if they make one.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than in practice.”