DHCP Server Stuffed

networking United States
  • 15 years ago

Hope someone out there can help. I am new to this forum so please be kind.
    I have a Windows 2000 Standard server running the usual DNS, DHCP, Active Directory etc.
    The server had not been rebooted since it was deployed last year, that was until Friday last week.
    I ran an AV upgrade and had to reboot, after rebooting none of the workstations would log and just sat at the 'Loading Settings' screen.
    After a long diagnosis i found that the DHCP server was disonnected. It reconnected and it looked fine until i tried to log the
    workstations on again, when i found i had the same problem. I went back into DHCP and found it was disconnected again, although the
    service was still running.
    To cut a long story short when i enable DHCP in the Server Management Console it is fine, that is until i shut down the
    Server Management Console. As soon as i shut the console down the DHCP disconnects and i cannot log in again.
    I have run all updates that were available for the server but still have the saame problem.
    I know it is not the AV that is doing it. What can it be?

If anyone has any ideas i would be grateful for some help.

Regards

Stryder

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++: an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.” - Steve Taylor