SQL query

• 15 years ago
    Hello, I have a DataBase Access 2002.  A Table_Card with a list of all cards (Card_Name)  and a Table_Card_Employee with Emp_ID and Employee_Card.  Those two related to a Table_Employee.

I want to display in a ComboBox the list of the Card from Table_Card excluding those Cards already in
    Table_Card_Employee from a specific Emp_ID

SELECT Table_Card.Card_Name FROM  Table_Employee INNER JOIN (Table_Card INNER JOIN Table_Card_Employee ON Table_Card.Card_Name = Table_Card_Employee.Employee_Card) ON Table_Employee.ID = Table_Card_Employee.Emp_ID
    WHERE (((Table_Card.Card_Name)<>[Table_Card_Employee].[Employee_Card])
    AND ((Table_Employee.ID)='U62404'))
    ORDER BY Table_Employee.ID;

It shows me an empty query...!  any help

Thank you

• 15 years ago

Not sure exactly how your schema is set up but try something like this:

SELECT TableCard.CardName FROM  TableEmployee INNER JOIN (TableCard INNER JOIN TableCardEmployee ON TableCard.CardName = TableCardEmployee.EmployeeCard) ON TableEmployee.ID = TableCardEmployee.EmpID
    WHERE
    Table
    Employee.ID)='U62404' AND

(TableCard.CardName) NOT IN Select EmployeeCard from TableCard_Employee

ORDER BY Table_Employee.ID;

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.” - Tom Cargill