probs wih Scroll bar color

• 15 years ago

hi all iam back after little time with a small doubt.
    my problem is like..
    i wrote one css to change the scroll bar' color.
    its working in IE but not in Fire fox.

and one more...
    font decoration :blink; is working in firefox and not working in Ie..
    can any one clear my dobts pls..
    thnx..

• 15 years ago

Scrollbar colours are not actually an "actual" part of the CSS specification - they were invented by Microsoft and as such, only exist in IE.... so you can only colour your scrollbars in IE, and it's likely to stay that way forever.

It's the other way round with blink..... only Mozilla supports that Remember the old HTML 4.01 tag <blink>...</blink> ? well it's just that, but recreated in CSS for XHTML

So sorry about that.... there's nowt you can do about either!

• 15 years ago

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for that valuble information.
    Can you tell me that, is there any way to change the colours for buttons?. If so please tell me how can i do that.
    Bye..

• 15 years ago

yup, just give their properties attributes like anything else...

• 15 years ago

Hi Paul,
      I tried it by using css. but the attributes like 'button-color:some color..' but buttons are not changed.
    if i give the attribute like 'background:somecolor..' its reflecting the button color. why so??
    And can you tell me how can i explore the list of attributes so that i can use them in my CSS.

Thanks for being my teacher.

• 15 years ago

button-color? u've made that one up stuff like background-color, border, etc. should all work.

try W3 Schools: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp that's the official resource by the people who set the standards (but unfortunately they don't make browsers... idiots at both microsoft and mozilla make crap browsers that don't follow the rules properly, making web design a nightmare)

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra