C# VS2005 - Installing deployed application to an specif path

csharp Brazil
  • 15 years ago

Hello everyone,

Where exactly do I configure a C# application to install in a specific path?  Like, for example:

C:\Program Files\myApp

Please note that I don't mean the deployment folder!

I looked throughout the application properties, publish properties and publish Wizard, but didn't find a configuration option for that.

Thanks a lot,

JC.

• 15 years ago

If you're talking about C# 2005 Express then you don't.  All Express IDEs only support ClickOnce deployment.  ClickOnce apps are not installed in the Program Files folder, or the file system at all in fact.  They are installed to the ClickOnce cache.  I suggest that you do some reading on ClickOnce on MSDN and if you decide that it is not right for you then you'll need to find an alternative means of deploying your apps.  There are third-party deployment tools available, like Inno or NSIS, which are both free.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I’ll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.” - Jamie Zawinski