Explorer Automation

• 15 years ago

I am writing a automation program within Excel to download a specific (non Excel) file from the web at a specific time of the morning and save it to a local drive.

• I have worked out how to automate the timing system and it triggers the opening of the HTTPS:/ site  which is fine. 
    The problem is I don`t know how to automate the following in VBA.

1. On opening the HTTPS:/ site, it immediately opens a windows dialog requesting a username and password and the need for the user to press OK.
    2. It then automatically opens a windows "opening" dialog with the save to disk option selected and the need to press OK again
    3. It then requests the user to input a file path to save to (which will always be the same) and again press OK.
    4. I will also need to error trap incase of any obscure downtime to retry?

Any ideas appreciated.Big Smile [:D]
    Thanks

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Anyone who considers arithmetic methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin.” - John von Neumann