Form

• 19 years ago

Hi,

I've a form created in htm format. How do I get its contents and label name into a word document on submit?? Grateful for your advice..

• 19 years ago

I'm afraid that with standard client-side HTML you simply can't do that. What you need to do is use either PHP or ASP to do this, then you could save it into a .txt file. Don't worry however, both are very simple, buy you'll need to host your pages on a server that supports whichever one you use. Also, you'll need PWS (Win 9x) or IIS (Win NT/2000/XP) to run it on your own computer and if you're relatively new to HTML I would recommend not bothering for a while. Don't try to run before you can walk!

However, I can recommend (and I don't get commission!!) Sams Teach Yourself PHP or ASP [whichever your server supports, IF EITHER] in 24 Hours. Both books are very good and will explain how to do it.

Once again, I hope this is useful to you, and if you email me ([email protected]) and describe the overall outcome of what you want your web pages to do, I might be able to suggest an alternative that doesn't use ASP or PHP, depending on what it is you want to do, of course ;-)

Learn ASP or PHP, they're both great fun and very useful.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.” - Gavin Russell Baker