Auto popuarlate Fields in Access Form

• 14 years ago

When creating a new entry I would like once the TaskId is selected to automatically popuarlate others fields that are associated like the DateOpened field. When DateOpened and TaskId is entered it will not change but when entering new records I will select existing TaskId and auto fill the DateOpened that is linked to that TaskId. Please help. 

• 14 years ago

Hi Jessie,

Welcome to Developer Fusion!!  I don't mean to be rude but in future please try and post your requests in the most relevent forum (I found this thread in the forum which invites feedback on features of this site!!).  I know it is easy to post a thread in the wrong forum, accidents happen, but, if this is the case, just notify a moderator or administrator so they can move it to the correct forum!! 

I'm sorry I dont know the solution to your problem but hopefully the right people will see it here and be able to offer advice.

Good Luck,

Rob

• 14 years ago

Suggest you look at Open Args in the help.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have C++ in mind.” - Alan Kay