build a LAN

networking Indonesia
  • 14 years ago

i need to build a LAN where consists of 3 departments located at another building 1.500 meters away. Each department needs a LAN.

i need to provide a specification with schematic diagram of a suitable backbone architecture

where can i get the reference for this problem?

• 14 years ago

How would you plan on linking the two LAN's together out of interest ? My school had a LAN linked with somewhere 1000M away to create the network.

Dan

• 14 years ago

This is tricky. If each LAN is on a physically separate network, then you basically have two options:
    1) Physically run some cable from one site to the other to physically join the two sites
    2) Use VLANs to join the two remote sites.

You can also use VLANs to have three separate LANs on the same network - you can decide whether or not they can see each other, only see certain ports or certain IPs, or cannot see each other at all..

Have a google for VLAN and see what you can pull up...

• 14 years ago

I was going to recommend the VLan although if I had the time and the budget I'd definitely go for a physical connection (fiber optic) between the two sites for many reasons, one of course being speed and security.

Dan

• 14 years ago

Hi

There is a another simple way, buy a Three Bridge,

Set the Lan As follows

Step 1

In Lan 1  Connect all the Terminals in the  data Switch, and run a single Cable to your upstair make sure that cable dosent cross 100 mtrs,

connect a one end to switch, and connect one end to Wireless Bridge,

Step 2

Make the athoer two LAN as same as above step 1,

Step 3

Configure all the three bridges, keep the bridge IP address as Class A, dont keep the Local Area IP address for bridge,

Thanks & Regards W.Santhosh

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.” - Rich Cook