How to make a website popular?

• 14 years ago

Hi guys!

Am I have research some information on how to make a website popular but the information I have gathered is not enough yet and I'm not satisfied with it. I would be glad to hear any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Noel

• 14 years ago

To generate more traffic to your website, use meta tags

• 14 years ago

No, to make a web site popular, make it contain interesting, original and useful content, and lots of reasons/incentives for your users not only to come back, but to tell others too.

It's no good having a web site that people will immediately click "Back" on... just being high up on a search engine's rankings will not ensure popularity and success.

(or maybe did you mean to ask 'how do i drive lots of traffic to my site?' Stick out tongue [:P])

• 14 years ago

Dear Paulfp

Absolutely you are right the contents of your web site will make it popular, but how I can find that useful web among this complicated net?!

Regards

DoctorMahdi

• 14 years ago

Useful and interesting content + lucrative offers for users + meta tags + link building + marketing.

Do all that genuinely -you must see good results.

• 14 years ago

Search engines make their indexes by grabbing keywords from the page, usually nearer the top. Google in particular also rates each page based on how many links point to it. Higher ratings means higher position means more popular. Tell your friends about your website, then they can link to it in their own sites. Also look into the way search engines work to write search engine friendly pages that boost your position.

• 14 years ago
    If you've ever heard of the "3 Click Rule" I find that to be popular among many non-tech minded web users... also most people like fast loading times, simple interface and dazzling effects.

I find this all quite curious, are there not any easy sources on the net for key demographics among web users?

I've had no such luck finding any yet myself.

• 14 years ago
    There are a lot of ways to increase the numbr of hits in a website. The first is to just make the content interesting. If that is the case word of mouth is enough to increase your visits...

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared.” - P. J. Plauger