messenger programming ?

csharp Saudi Arabia
  • 14 years ago

Hi all,

My project is to program a messenger ( server and client ) for my university using C#I know C#(Sockets, TCPClient, TCPListener,Remoting  and NetworkStream ) and networking well.

Using the username and password of each student how has an email in (kfupm.edu.sa) he can use my client to connect to my server then my server will check the username and password form the IT server of the university after that the student can communicate with his friends.

I want to ask you some question:

1- Is it better to use Socket?

2- From where can I start. Quick steps ?

3- How can I list the contact list of the user in the client?

4- Do you have any ideas? Suggestions?

5-Can I use StremsReader and StreamWriter instead of using Send and Receive ?

thank you

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.” - Rich Cook