Speed or Quality?

• 14 years ago

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am currently thinking of designing an online portfolio that showcases my artwork..that envolves 2d art, cg art, sketches and 3d art (modelling, Rendering etc)...

my website will envolve 3d animations (eye candy)...and lots of pictures that are showcased on the relevant pages....basically a really flashy site that looks well and is user friendly.

what i would like to know is...

(1) which software should be best to use?? (flash or Dreamweaver, as i am able to use both)

(2) is speed an issue with websites or do people not care when they have really nice graphics to look at, basically speed or quality??

(3) and is loading time a big NoNo or is it acceptable ie flash loading bars etc

your help with this would be much appreciated....look forward to your advice

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'” - Isaac Asimov