Receive donations

• 14 years ago

Hello,

I have been approache dby my church to develop a website for them where one of the functionalities they want is to be able to receive donations.

I have looked at PayPal but they charge (no matter how small) and I was wondering if there is a system out there that is free yet customisable to make it look like aprt of the site.

If anyoen has any ideas please let em knows

cheers in advance

Drogo

• 14 years ago

dude, just use paypal. i've used its donation feature in the past and found it really good. a few pennies is a small (VERY small) price to pay for the level of security and encryption they offer, which is why it is such a trusted and recognised brand.

plus, people with paypal accounts wont even have to enter in their card number again, so it's easier.

if you use some random unheard-of service, or God-forbid design it yourself, no-one will trust it, and as a result you'll get no donations.

Use PayPal - you won't regret it Big Smile [:D]

(dammit! I wish I got commission from them... haha Stick out tongue [:P])

• 14 years ago
    I agree, even though you do pay for using a paypal donation system, it's worth it in the long run as paypal is a trusted name. Free versions don't have this same trust and are less likely to help you gain the donations you want.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan