Excel Macro help! : tab identifier

• 14 years ago
    Hello! I need help in creating a macro! I have an excel spreadsheet with various worksheets, each worksheet is named different according to tests that must be performed. Each test is different and inputed by rows, there is one column from each test in which we populate "passed", "failed", "pending", "N/A", or "user issue".

The problem is searching for all the "failed", and "user issue's" throughout all the tabs. I want to create a tab which will identify and display all the "failed", and "user issues" on one tab, and sort it according to its tabbed test name. Now, not to be picky, I would like to copy only a few cells along with the failed message, if not, the entire row would be fine. Could anyone assist?

to sum it up, I want to create a sheet that'll identify all the issues existing throughout tabs. Please email me at [email protected], thanks!

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.” - Brian Kernighan