Running an executable from an hyperlink

• 14 years ago

Hi, hoepfully someone can tell me where I'm going wrong, I'm trying to run a program with parameters but I can't seem to get it to work, the syntax is below;

<a href="file:///P:\colin\audits\WinAudit.exe /r=gmostxEN /o=CSV /f=p:\colin\audits" target=mainFrame>Machine Audit</a>

If I remove the parameters it seems to launch the program okay but I can't launch it with the parameters as I can in command line

Any idea's,

• 14 years ago
    it's work's, replace = symbol with angular bracket ,

= a href="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" = IE
  • 14 years ago
  • 13 years ago

Sorry but I don't get what you mean by change the = to angle brackets, do I need to change them all or what, could you give me an example, or better still change the line I gave in my first post to explain it to me

Thanks

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: premature optimization is the root of all evil.” - Donald Knuth