Connecting to MySQL 5.0 from Crystal Reports without using a System/User DSN? And CATASTROPHIC FAILURE encountered.

mysql Philippines
  • 14 years ago

I just have one question with crystal using MySQL Database.

How can I connect from Crystal Reports to MySQL database without  using a user/system DSN which resides on the local computer? The version of MySQL Im using is 5.0.

I just need to select some records and display them on my report(.rpt document). I've used the ODBC(RDO) connection which allows you to provide a connection string, but after supplying some paramaters, it went fine but I dont see any table listed. So I have no choice but to use the OLE DB (ADO) Provider which doesnt accept a connection string instead, a User/System DSN.  One thing more, do you have an answer on the error message(CATASTROPHIC FAILURE?) that appears everytime you refresh the report?

Hope I can get any idea from u guys. Thank you in advance.

Its hard to be a beginner. :> Thanks again.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Never trust a programmer in a suit.” - Anonymous