hyperlink capture

• 14 years ago

Hi all,

I have a requirement to capture an html link. The database is written in 2000, the email client is outlook using HTML formated messages.

The database is used to send a report to a user via email, who is them prompted to back to the database through a HYPERTEXT link.

I was wondering if there capturing the details of the link used to open the database, similar to the open arguments used through the '/CMD' switch.

If this is possible let me know, or am I just barking up wrong trees, and walking into dead end alleys with a whip and a dead horse.....

TIA

Alan Hill

• 14 years ago

Smiley Face [:)]

Yes that smiley means I have found a convuluted way of doing what I needed.

The fist step was to use the Create a shortcut link by cicaza and the scipting object library, this allowed me to create the shortcut with the embedded command I needed. Now as I cannot send a .LNK file throgh our tightly controlled server, I could not send the link, so being in posistive frame I created an email with a hyper link which points to the shortcut and "HEY PRESTO!!!". The database opens with the extra commands as required.

Big Smile [:D]

Thanks all, great site.

Alan Hill

'Blue.Eyes and Soul'

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”