I made my design, whats next???

• 13 years ago
    Hi,
    I made my design for a new website with photoshop.
    Now I would like to create this site with xhtml/css, but what is the best next step to take?
    for example: first write all html, and then the lay out with css?
    I use dreamweaver, and i have basic knowledge about css, so that is not what my question is about. I would like to hear from you guys and girls what step next is best to take? What is the best approach?
    Thx

• 13 years ago
    First decide how you want the site to look like and then write the CSS. The HTML pages you then create will automatically look the way you want them and you can keep going.
  • 13 years ago
    if you haven't already, then the next step to take would be slicing up the design, this allows photoshop to know the region for which it needs to generated different images. so you end up with the different images that make up your design, you can then export these. the great thing about this is if you ever need to change anything you can change the design, export again and assuming you keep the same slices the changes should just fall into place

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler