I wannabe a webdesigner

• 13 years ago
    Hi all,
    A question for experienced websdesigners:
    Suppose a want to be a professional webdesigner. How much time am I supposed to work on an average website? I mean, how much time do you guys and girls spend on building a simple website containing about 8 pages which looks professional, with text and photos. How much hours for the design? And how much hours for building in HTML/CSS? And what do you  charge for such a website to the customer?
    Thx in advance.

• 13 years ago

How long is a piece of string? Wink [;)]

Well if it's just a simple 8 page web site, with no need for database interaction etc. then you could probably knock it all together in the morning, and then spend the afternoon validating the XHTML and CSS, then testing it in all web browsers and operating systems to make sure it works.

It depends really on how artistic you are and how long it takes you to decide how you want it to look. I recommend pencil and paper for sketching it out before you even touch the computer.

So all in all about a day or maybe two for a simple site, and you can charge a few hundred for it...

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”