Deleting a scheduled SQL Job

• 13 years ago

Hey everyone.. I need some help here.

Recently someone replaced one of our servers that had scheduled tasks set up on it. He copied the tasks from the old server to the new one, and he accidently copied the same task 2x. Now when we try to delete it from Enterprise Management we get the following error:

Cannot add, delete, or update a job that has been orginated from an MSX server.

Is there anyone out there that can help?

Thanks much!

• 13 years ago

hi this problem basically create when u r changing the data
    if u r using multy user connectivity with u r data base then u have to change the settings to single user then u can do all the changes

hope this information will help u

• 13 years ago

Hey... Thanks for the advice I appreciate your help. The database is setup as a single user. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared.” - P. J. Plauger