Autolookup and datagrid?

• 13 years ago

Hello people, this is my first post here, I think that this is pretty nice site.

OK, I am into databases, but most of my work was in Access and VBA, and now when I am switching to C# I get frustrated because some of the cool stuff from access is missing.

Autolookup for instance. I am building a simple database: Invoices, Invoice details, Suppliers, Articles.

I have a form with several texboxes that are bound to the current Invoice, and below I have datagrid that shows Invoice details for the current Invoice. Inside the datagrid there is a column that represents a  4 digit code that identifies Article. This is only thing that I need to connect Article to Invoice details, but I would like to lookup Article table for the name of the Article and show it in the Datagrid.

How do I do that? I dont need the code, only explanation.

Thanks.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“You can stand on the shoulders of giants OR a big enough pile of dwarfs, works either way.”