Header and Footer in Web page print

asp , css , javascript India
  • 13 years ago

Hi All,

while taking web page print out, I have to print customized header and footer.

Can anybody help me to do this?

Thanks in advance

• 13 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. but i want to set header and footer dynamically using mso attributes

• 13 years ago

Are you saying you want to dynamically add a header and a footer when someone prints the page? If so you can use the following css code, where the "header" and "footer" divs are invisible unless the page is being printed:

<style type="text/css">#header {visibility: hidden;}

#footer{visibility: hidden;}

@media print {
        #header, #footer {visibility: visible;}
      }

</style>

<div id="header">Header Data Goes Here</div>

<div id="footer">Footer Data Goes Here</div>

If you want to add the header/footer dynamically after the page has loaded so it is visible onscreen try using the JavaScript innerHTML() method.

Hope I could be of any help!

• 12 years ago
    Hi Is there a way through CSS to use different headers between the first page and the rest when printing multiple pages. We can use the attribute display:table-header-group; in the for example to print the same thead on all pages. But can we print different headers? Example: First page: header1 body Second Page: header2 body Third Page: header2 body . . . Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field” - Niels Bohr