Using Forms in Access to enter linked data

• 13 years ago

I have three linked tables that I want to enter data to using a single form. These tables are:

tblMember – which stores the details for a member. Its fields are id, firstname, surname & occupation

tblMemberAddress – which holds the addresses of members; home address, work address etc . Its fields are memberID, housename, postcode, city & addresstype and

tblMemberGroup – which holds the id of the group the member is assigned to.

I have managed to use the wizard to create a form to enter details into all of these tables. However, when I view the form in ‘view’ mode it shows a blank form. I suspect that the form is not bound to any of the tables. How do I get the fields to be displayed so I can enter data?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout