Linked Server Update

db , sql server India
  • 13 years ago
    Hi,

I have a problem with Linked Server. I am using Micrsoft Sql Server 2000 with Paradox Database as a Linked Server. I was able to read the data from the Paradox Database. But when i was trying to update the record in the Paradox database then its throwing me error

DECLARE @VAR VARCHAR(1000)
    SET @VAR='UPDATE OPENQUERY (PDS, ''SELECT * FROM Ticket1e WHERE EventId = 01001'') SET EventName =''Test'' ';
    EXEC(@VAR)

Eror Msg:
    Server: Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1
    An error occurred while preparing a query for execution against OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL'.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: [INTERSOLV][ODBC Paradox driver]Incompatible datatypes in expression : = ]
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' ICommandPrepare::Prepare returned 0x80040e14].

Please Suggest. I need this favour at the earliest. Thanks in Advance.

Rakesh

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila” - Mitch Ratcliffe