Interprocess communication with Windows service using C#

• 12 years ago
    I am working on a windows service that collects a huge amount of binary data from 16 different threads and saves them to local disk. I have a UI on the same box, which needs to connect to the appropriate thread from the windows service and get this data. What is a good way of doing this? Is named pipes a good solution? Can anybody give me some URLs where I can get some inputs about how to go about the whole scenario? I greately appreciate your help. Thanks
  • 12 years ago

sure, named pipes is a gread solution, a good start is http://www.codeproject.com/cs/threads/dotnetnamedpipespart1.asp

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila” - Mitch Ratcliffe