how to encrypt data in a database

db , sql server Philippines
  • 13 years ago

i want to encrypt the password in the database how can I do it?? thanks:-)

• 13 years ago

You will have to write code to encrypt the password also you should add salt. lol

I had wrote a nice little application for a contest it has a hashing class that will hash in any of these hashs SHA1, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, or MD5. It will also create a random salt value, but I can not upload the zip file to this web board.

What language do you code in? I wrote this application in VB.

• 13 years ago

VB.NEt 2003 thanks:-) you can send the zip file to [email protected] thanks a lot:-)

• 13 years ago

You could also encrypt the data in the database by using a/symmetric keys, depending on your security requirement. You should read SQL books online to perform this technique, as it is quite convoluted. This method increases the security of your data, because it is encoded against a database master key which remains outside of an application.

• 13 years ago

Ok I send it, should be in our in box.

Take Care and Happy Coding.

Edit: Isn't vb.net 2003 frameworks 1.1? I wrote my hashing class in vb.net 2005 frameworks 2.0.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup