Access Expressions

access United States
  • 19 years ago

Does anyone know how i could build an access expression for a text box value. I need to find the item name from a table called items. This table contains item descriptions. Stockitems is a table which holds the stock item details (i.e. available, out on loan etc. etc.), and the itemID of the stocktItem. Still following????!!! I.e. the itemID identifies the stockitem and gives it a name from the items table.
        Now, This is the tricky part! what expression should i give to a text box to do this;

get the stockID from the loan table
    get the itemid from the stockitem table of the stockid retrieved from the loan table
    get the itemname from the item table of the itemid from the stockitem table

So finally, the text box will be displaying the item name from the original stockid value.

Any help would be well received.

Thanks

• 18 years ago

connect the form you're using fo rthe display of your textbox to the database query or table you have the data in.

Set the properties by selecting the properties form the menu with the form clicked / highlighted.

Then set the Data properties for the text box in the property window for this text box.

You can use the build to cretae an extensive selection query

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.” - Gavin Russell Baker