VB.net Problem

vb.net Kenya
  • 13 years ago
    I am currently studying to be an ICT secondary teacher and as part of my training we have to complete a computer programming module. We have been using Visual Basic.net to solve problems. I have a problem which i can not solve and would be glad of an advice anybody could give.Problem (simple enough) - A disco can hold 500 people.  Allow the user to keep entering the number of people in each group as the group comes through the door.  Display the running total and how many people are allowed in before it becomes full.  When the running total reaches exactly 500, display a message that the disco is full, or if 500 would be exceeded, a message that the current group of people cannot go in.Analysis:Input:Ask user to enter Number - Store number (variable called EnterNumb)Process:Subtract EnterNum from 500 (MaxNumber)The remaining number of spaces is displayed in NumSpacesleftMessage to appear – Disco Full if = 50 or if number >500, message to appear current group can not go in, to keep looping until total = 500 or no more can fit in.Print Answer.So the code i have so far is: (it does not work - anybody help?)

Dim Number, Result, Maxnumber As Short

Private Sub btnCalculate_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnCalculate.Click

Number = 0 'written by Theresa Russell Dec 07

Result = 0 'sets Number and Results to zero to start with

Maxnumber = 500 'maximum number allowed in disco

Do

Number = txtEnterNumb.Text 'number entered by user

Result = Number + Result 'Result = current total

txtCurrentTotal.Text = Result

txtNumSpacesLeft.Text = Maxnumber - Result ' 500 - total number of people enter disco

Loop Until Result >= 500

If Result = 500 Then

MsgBox("Disco Full - no more allowed")

ElseIf Result + Number > 500 Then

MsgBox("Too many in the group")

Result = Result - Number

txtCurrentTotal.Text = (Maxnumber - Result)

txtNumSpacesLeft.Text = Result

End If

End Sub

Private Sub btnExit_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnExit.Click

Dim Message As String = "Are you sure you want to exit?"

Dim Caption As String = "Disco"

Dim Buttons As MessageBoxButtons = MessageBoxButtons.YesNo

Dim Result As DialogResult

Result = MessageBox.Show(Me, Message, Caption, Buttons)

If Result = DialogResult.Yes Then

Me.Close()

End If

End Sub

End Class

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Nine people can't make a baby in a month.” - Fred Brooks