Strange Combo Box Behaviour

access , db United Kingdom
  • 13 years ago

I am using MS Access, the fix for this should be version independant, but at the moment I will go for anyhting that works.

I have a combo box with a list of values that is within a sub form.

Lets say you have

the main form - frmMain

the sub form - frmSub

the combo boc - objCombo1

combo box values - valValue_1

valValue_2

valValue_3

valValue_4

valValue_5

If I open frmMain which has frmSub within it and select valValue_3 from it. As soon as i click away it will apperently give you a randomly selected value, but soon as I navigate to another record and then back again the correct value is displayed.

Anyone have any ideas on this??

Steve

• 13 years ago

Been a while since I played around in Access, so I'm just going to clarify a couple of things (for my own sake) before I try out your example in the nwind database:

- Is the combo box info inter-related to one of the subforms field records?

- The sub form is related to the main form ... like in order -> order lines .... yes? (ie one - many relationship)

- When you say "click away" do you mean tabbing to the next control on the sub form .. yes? 

(It kinda sounds like an update problem - but that's a pure guess and I need to test it myself first)

Joe 

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.” - Gavin Russell Baker