Searching in datatable

csharp , db Malawi
  • 13 years ago

Hi all,

I want to search a particular row from a datatable and display it on datagrid. Am using sql queries to do search operation. The statements i have written in code is like this(am using a cldb dll here)

private void Search_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

ds = clDb.oDb.executeDataSet("Mydatabase","SELECT * FROM Books WHERE '"+listBox1.SelectedItem.ToString()+"' = '"+searchtxtbx.Text+"'");

dataGrid1.DataSource = ds;

dataGrid1.DataMember = ds.Tables[0].ToString();

}

When i click on search button it is showing empty screen on datagrid. Can anyone pls tel me where i have done the mistake..

• 13 years ago

Hi Priya,

Acually you have done one mistake in the String concatenation concept

You just remove the single quote start and end point of the  listbox1.SelectedItem.ToString().

ds = clDb.oDb.executeDataSet("Mydatabase","SELECT * FROM Books WHERE  Remove['] "+listBox1.SelectedItem.ToString()+" Remove['] = '"+searchtxtbx.Text+"'");

Now you try after remove this single quotes.

Good Luck

Regards

Hari K......

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perl - The only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.” - Keith Bostic