how to create a trigger to join two tables having no coloumn common or no primary key

sql server Portugal
  • 12 years ago

hello friends i am new to this post, i want to create a trigger which would read a row from 1st table match the related match from the 2nd table and on getting the appropriate match it would extract those rows from the table and keep them in new table so on doing this when i try to do this i won't get the redundant data the main problem is i am having tables having no common coloumns and no primary key i want to join these but i am unable to get the correct format so can anyone help me please..... i am stuck at this point please any help will be greatly appreciated.   thanking you in advance please help me..

• 12 years ago

Why do you have no primary keys in the table?

This strikes me as hardly good practice... but I'm willing to listen.

Joe 

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only 3 numbers of interest to a computer scientist: 1, 0 and infinity”