I need help in some coding

databases Nigeria
  • 11 years ago

we.. hey i need a little help in vb6.0

ok

1st. I want to kno how to get certain text like premade text that i want into a certain field on internet browser every time i visit that site in ma project.

2nd. I want to extract certain text from the web site like:" blah_blah1@aol.in " into a text box on the side an be save in a text file on desktop or drive

like i really need this help an if u have any thing to tell me i would really like it thanks

• 11 years ago

Hi,

Add a text box and a button to a form;

Try

Private Sub Form_Load()
        Dim ie As Object
        Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
        'ie.Visible = True
        ie.Navigate "http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/"
        Do While ie.busy
            DoEvents
        Loop
        ' Get the text from the second link
        Text1.Text = ie.document.links(1).outerText
        'close the browser
        ie.quit

' you can also loop through the links or forms on a web page
    'For Each link In IE_Browser.Document.Links()
    '   Next

End Sub

Private Sub Command1_Click()
        Dim sFile As String
        Dim fn As Integer
        sFile = "C:\Out.txt"
        fn = FreeFile
        Open sFile For Output As #fn
        Print #fn, Text1.Text
        Close #fn
    End Sub

• 11 years ago

LET ME EXPLAIN A LITTLE BETTER

HMMM LETS SEEE.......

ALRIGHT 4 INSTANCE I WENT TO WWW.AOL.COM AN I WENT TO THE GET EMAIL PAGE AN YOU KNO THAT U HAVE TO ENTER ALL YOUR INFORMATION 'NAME,DESIRED EMAIL,ACCOUNT SECURITY QUESTION & ETC................. NOW WHEN I GO ON MY PROJECT I WANT THE TEXT ALREADY FILLED IN EXCEPT THE PASSWORD FIELD & IMAGE CODE 

AFTER THAT.......

I WANT THA AOL SCREENNAME AND PASSWORD U HAVE SELECTED TO TO BE IN THE TEXT BOX ON THE SIDE OF MA PROJECT AN I CAN CLICK SAVE AN IT SAVE'S TO A TXT.FILE

PS. I HAVE A PROJECT SIMILIAR TO THE 1 I WANT TO CREATE JUST DIFFRENT SITE AN IF U NEED TO SEE I CAN SEND U A LINK

THANKS VERY MUCH

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves” - Alan Kay