How to bind two sql statement with commit in vb.net

vb.net Thailand
  • 12 years ago

My application runs on a network of 15 to 16 clients on a SQL Server 2000. Some of the modules perform transaction, i.e. they run more than one sql. I have tied the different sql statemels under the following procedure

con.Open()

trans = con.BeginTransaction()   

Try

‘First Sql                cmd = New SqlClient.SqlCommand("INSERT INTO table1(col1, cl2, col3, col4) "VALUES('" & col1 & "','" & col2 & "','" & col3 & "','" & col4 & "')", con, trans) cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() ‘Second Sql                                     

cmd = New SqlClient.SqlCommand("update table2 set colbl='" & col1 & "',colcl='" & t & "' where colbl =" & col1 & "", con, trans)

cmd.executeNonQuery()             trans.Commit()         Catch ex As Exception             trans.Rollback()        End Try       

con.Close()

Out of 700-800 inserts and updates, the system ignores the update statement. The value is inseted through the first statement, but it is not updated. So it shows a wrong balance. I am not able to diagonise the actual cause. The network is very good.

My question is :

1.     Even if the network fails, why does the rollback doesn’t happen.2.     Is my above code a right way for a commit procedure. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.”