Storing and retrieving dates from MS Access using C#

csharp , db Egypt
  • 12 years ago

Hello,

I am facing difficulty in storing date in MS Access using C# code. I have tried to save the DateTime object into the database. The column in the database was also of DateTime datatype. but I could not save the date. It gave me syntax error.

Then I tried to save the date as a String. But this time the date got saved in the database as some decimal. Plz help me in this regard. How to save the date in MS Access.

Thanking you,

Rakesh.

• 12 years ago

Hi,

Here's my code:

I am using C#  in Visual Studio 2005.

DateTime currentDate = DateTime.Now;
                String input = currentDate.ToShortDateString();

string connectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\\student.mdb";
                OleDbConnection myConnection = new OleDbConnection(connectionString);
                myConnection.Open();

string query = "insert into student VALUES ("+ input +")";

OleDbCommand myCommand = new OleDbCommand();
                myCommand.CommandText = query;
                myCommand.Connection = myConnection;
                myCommand.ExecuteNonQuery();

myConnection.Close();

Thanks,

Rakesh.

• 12 years ago

Thank you very much Bart. Its working fine now. I have one more problem. Is it possible to display multi-line list items in a list box in c# ? I need it in my application. Could you please help me out?

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The greatest performance improvement of all is when a system goes from not-working to working.” - John Ousterhout