Urgent Help Required !!

javascript India
  • 18 years ago

Hi,

Grateful for any one for the help :

Problem Statement :

To write a small Java / Javascript code which will allow a browser user to save/retrive MS Office Documents such as Word, XL, PPT files from a remote http server.  

You can think of a typical Unix environment where users save and work in the server in their respective Home directories.. the only difference here is that the client is a browser and server is a web server.

The server doesnt support IIS and supports JAVA and Javascript.  Any help please..

Thanks in advance,

Satheesh.

• 18 years ago

erm, not quite sure what you mean, how does what you want to do differ from the person just clicking a link to download the file? or have i completely misunderstood what you've said?

something like

<a href ="aworddocument.doc">click here</a> would do that, without any javascript.....

elaborate and i'll help if i can

• 18 years ago

Pretty much the only way to do this to create an FTP site to store your files.  Then write a front end that will download and upload your files.  Browser security will not all you to randomly get a file, and upload it.  It all has to go through a managed FTP resource.  

If FTP is out of the question you can get forms through simple HTTP calls then use ASPUpload or something to upload your file.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There's no test like production” - Anon