Problem in Passing Values to a StoreProcedure

• 12 years ago

Hi all,

Situation Is:

- On my web form I have locations to choose from. If I select a single location(Location Code is passed for the same) my store procedure works fine. But when I try to pass more than one Location(location Code) it doesn't work.

- The parameter in my store procedure is of navarchar(50) data type.

Store procedure:

SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.pkEmpCd, dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.EmpName

FROM dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo INNER JOIN

dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo ON dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.pkEmpCd = dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo.fkEmpCd INNER JOIN

dbo.tbEmpDeptInfo ON dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo.fkEmpCd = dbo.tbEmpDeptInfo.fkEmpCd

WHERE (dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo.EligbeOverTime = 1) AND (dbo.tbEmpDeptInfo.fkLocationCd IN (@Location))

ORDER BY dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.pkEmpCd

I have tried passing location as '1','2', but it failed. 

so, what can i do to perform this operation?

Regards,

Royal

• 12 years ago

Hi Royal

In this scenerio you need to manipulate your T-SQL as string and then you execute that SQLstring using

EXEC

DECLARE @strSQL AS nvarchar(2000)

SET @strSQL='
    SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.pkEmpCd, dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.EmpName
    FROM dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo INNER JOIN
    dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo ON dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.pkEmpCd = dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo.fkEmpCd INNER JOIN
    dbo.tbEmpDeptInfo ON dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo.fkEmpCd = dbo.tbEmpDeptInfo.fkEmpCd
    WHERE (dbo.tbEmpPaymentInfo.EligbeOverTime = 1) AND (dbo.tbEmpDeptInfo.fkLocationCd IN (' + @Location + ')) ORDER BY dbo.tbEmpPersonalInfo.pkEmpCd'

EXEC (@strSQL)

Good Luck

Hari K......

• 12 years ago

Hi

This link also may helpful for you

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/recomp.mspx

Hari K......

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“XML is like violence - if it's not working for you, you're not using enough of it.”