vb.net mp3 +g player

vb.net , cdg , karaoke , mp3 Sunshine Coast, Australia
  • 12 years ago
    I'm thinking of creating my own cdg player to display graphics from a .cdg file and sync it with an mp3. Has anyone had experience with this, and willing to share some basic code, or give me some pointers where to start? Thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    Okay, I did some searching, and found this: http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1482 Now I need to convert it to vb.net, and see if it works. Then I can start tweaking.
  • 12 years ago
    novab6- I wrote some code about 5 years ago in VB6 (actually it was a combination of VB6 and C++) to create a a .cdg player. It worked but needed some fixes to make it worthwhile. If you haven't already solved your problem, let me know and I will send you what I have. I think I can find most of the stuff. Regards
  • 12 years ago
    Quillman, I would like to get your assistance if you had made it this far.. I need to time the number of cdg packets I process to the mp3 file so it will play accordingly with the mp3 file.. ive tried some basic logic of: (number of cdg packets / durationofmp3fileinsecs) / 3.3ms (avg time cdg packet takes to process) but its not quite getting me to where I need to be.. im off somewhere...
  • 12 years ago
  • 11 years ago
    Has anyone had any luck with playing mp3+g format in .NET? I have been looking for a long time and have no luck. I'm looking for code for C#, VB.NET or VB6. Any code or leads would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
  • 11 years ago

quillman, I would love to get your source code in VB6 to play mp3+g files. I've been searching for years to find a sample and just can't find any. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Java is to JavaScript what Car is to Carpet.” - Chris Heilmann