vb.net mp3 +g player

vb.net , cdg , karaoke , mp3 Sunshine Coast, Australia
  • 10 years ago
    I'm thinking of creating my own cdg player to display graphics from a .cdg file and sync it with an mp3. Has anyone had experience with this, and willing to share some basic code, or give me some pointers where to start? Thanks.
  • 10 years ago
    Okay, I did some searching, and found this: http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1482 Now I need to convert it to vb.net, and see if it works. Then I can start tweaking.
  • 10 years ago
    novab6- I wrote some code about 5 years ago in VB6 (actually it was a combination of VB6 and C++) to create a a .cdg player. It worked but needed some fixes to make it worthwhile. If you haven't already solved your problem, let me know and I will send you what I have. I think I can find most of the stuff. Regards
  • 10 years ago
    Quillman, I would like to get your assistance if you had made it this far.. I need to time the number of cdg packets I process to the mp3 file so it will play accordingly with the mp3 file.. ive tried some basic logic of: (number of cdg packets / durationofmp3fileinsecs) / 3.3ms (avg time cdg packet takes to process) but its not quite getting me to where I need to be.. im off somewhere...
  • 10 years ago
  • 10 years ago
    Has anyone had any luck with playing mp3+g format in .NET? I have been looking for a long time and have no luck. I'm looking for code for C#, VB.NET or VB6. Any code or leads would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
  • 9 years ago

quillman, I would love to get your source code in VB6 to play mp3+g files. I've been searching for years to find a sample and just can't find any. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter” - Eric Raymond