Help with datagridview

c3 , datagridview , database Montreal, Canada
  • 12 years ago
    Hi there, Ok I have this problem: I have a databound datagridview from a child table with four collums in it: SongName SongUrl CdNumber that is F_key SongNumber that is primary key identity yes none of them accept null value CdNumber is the F_key from the parent CdNumber that is primary key so my question is when I add row how do I enter the info for CdNumber and SongNumber because getting error that CdNumber and SongNumber can't be null 1 using System; 2 using System.Windows.Forms; 3 using System.IO; 4 5 namespace MusicOrganiser 6 { 7 public partial class NewEntry : Form 8 { 9 10 11 Form1 mainForm; 12 public NewEntry(Form1 mainForm) 13 { 14 this.mainForm = mainForm; 15 16 InitializeComponent(); 17 } 18 19 private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 20 { 21 this.folderBrowserDialog1.ShowNewFolderButton = false; 22 DialogResult result = this.folderBrowserDialog1.ShowDialog(); 23 if (result == DialogResult.OK) 24 { 25 // retrieve the name of the selected folder 26 DirectoryInfo dir = new DirectoryInfo(this.folderBrowserDialog1.SelectedPath); 27 28 // Entries for the first table 29 mainForm.categoryTextBox.Text = comboBox1.Text; 30 mainForm.artistTextBox.Text = textBox1.Text; 31 mainForm.albumTextBox.Text = dir.Name; 32 33 DataMusicDataSet.SongFilesRow newrow = dataMusicDataSet1.SongFiles.NewSongFilesRow(); 34 35 //Now to get every song in the folder or cd 36 foreach (FileInfo fi in dir.GetFiles()) 37 { 38 39 newrow.Song = fi.ToString(); // Getting filename 40 newrow.SongUrl = fi.FullName; // Getting full path to play the song when click 41 42 dataMusicDataSet1.SongFiles.Rows.Add(newrow); 43 //mainForm.songbindingNavigator.BindingSource.Add(newrow); 44 45 } 46 } 47 else 48 { 49 //If cancel close form NewEntry 50 this.Close(); 51 } 52 53 54 } 55 56 private void OK_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) 57 { 58 this.Close(); 59 } 60 61 62 } 63 } 64 When running the program and enter everything to the datagrid manualy everything works 100% but I want to be able to enter automaticly from the second form. I don't have any problem for the first table it is when it come to the second one for the song table

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup