Deploying .NET Application with MySQL

csharp , mysql India
  • 12 years ago
    I have developed C# application using MySQL as back-end tool. In this application, the client must set up his/her own MySQL Server and run a script to prepare the back-end database before installing the Application. I would like to add the MySQL installation and database setup to the installer. I would like to deploy a very simple single user C# application designed for people who are not IT literate to install and run in a standalone fashion on their own windows platform. And I would like to keep the installation process as simple as possible to the point that the user would not necessarily even be aware of what is running under the hood and does not have to mess around with installing MySQL as a separate component, i.e. it all goes in configured and ready to go in one operation as far as the end user is concerned with no difficult or unexpected set up questions. Thanks

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared.” - P. J. Plauger