How to search within an Excel database using office automation & vb.NET 2003

2003 , database , excel , search , vb.net India
  • 12 years ago
    Hi I am a vb.NET hobbyist from India. I am trying to design a data entry application for my company to deal with customer information. I am able to read and write data from and to a excel database using my vb.NET application. Every row in the database file contains details about a customer. I would like to know how I can search the database for information about a particular customer and display the same in various fields in my application.
  • 12 years ago
    Hi there ! i have a bit ideas for u na. your database is stored on excel sheet , so not esy to search like store on other database so the way you should do is read all from excel to dataset and then transfer to datarow , datatable bcox in datatable you can select , search ,sort like database after that you get result and then transfer it to a new dataset. try it and then post it again when you still got problems thanks regard from Nimol Men

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“PHP is a minor evil perpetrated and created by incompetent amateurs, whereas Perl is a great and insidious evil perpetrated by skilled but perverted professionals.” - Jon Ribbens