mysql database design guideline

php , mysql , database design India
  • 12 years ago
    its realated to the problem where we have to store certain status in any table like we have a table Users ( id int, username varchar(32), status enum('a','d','i') // we can have well formed comment here ); that's what i prefer Q: but the question here is that if some other developer will work on that project someday after me he will not be able to understand this. second way is using integer as status field and using CONSTANTS in the global file to perform these operations so that another developer can remeber that Q: some suggestions are there that CONSTANTS make a load on php so that they should be avoided? and the other ways is Users ( id int, username varchar(32), status int ); and using another table to store status and fetch id and statusname whenever necessary masStatus ( id int, statusName varchar(15) ); Q: that what i wan't to avoid cause that is an unnecessary usage of database and this produces a extra load on php so please suggest me what should be the best way to handle that situation

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“A computer is a stupid machine with the ability to do incredibly smart things, while computer programmers are smart people with the ability to do incredibly stupid things. They are, in short, a perfect match” - Bill Bryson