vb.net: PathTooLong-Exeption

vb.net , vb , pathtoolong , exeption Zurich, Switzerland
  • 12 years ago
    Hi all, sorry for my bad english, i use a translation-program because I don't good write english. I would like to get a List of files and directories in my program, this works fine when in the directories exists entries smaller than 260 characters in path oder filename. After renaming of paths, I have now longer pathnames as allowed. In my program I use system.io.filesysteminfo, system.io.directory and system.io.file for get all entries on the harddisk, but when I read the fullname, length or attributes, I get an exeption "PathTooLong". How can I make sure that I get all entries without error to check this for fullname, length and attributes (file or directory) to manage the result? This is very importand for me, I must know when a filename or directory is bigger than 259 characters to find errors in all directories. Please can someone help me for this issue? Regards Maximilian

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.” - Dennis Ritchie