Get the data from login and insert the data in another table

login , vb.net , one form to another India
  • 12 years ago
    Hell All, Good Day! I am a fresher, doing a project in vb.net/ms sql 2003 for machine maintenance application. As usual the first form is a Login form for users. Second form is for to view/add/delete/edit the machine details.. say a machine master. Each hold a table in the MS SQL database. Please help me for the following, 1) How to get the Username who login and place it in the second form's table as I have to track which user has logged in and modified the data 2) Is it possible to have seesion in vb.ne.. any alternative as I need to avoid the issue when two users alter a same data at same time? Thanks for your help, Allen

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The trouble with programmers is that you can never tell what a programmer is doing until it's too late.” - Seymour Cray